STRAIGHT support page (legacy-STRAIGHT: stable maintenance version. See hot topic.)
Please note that STRAIGHT linked to this page is not a user friendly environment.
The primary mode of use is to call individual Matlab functions from
your own program.
The GUI STRAIGHT is designed for interactive exploratory use for
demonstrations and preliminary investigations only, and it is somewhat outdated.
Please use the new interface functions
(exstraightsource, exstraightspec, exstraightsynth and exstraightAPind)
for your advanced project and programming.
Also a specialized F0 extraction program is provided to improve the quality of re-synthesis.
An introductory guide for programming with STRAIGHT command mode is available both in html and pdf.
If you find anything missing about STRAIGHT functions for you to program your own project,
please feel free to ask me.
I also welcome your suggestions and feedback. Please send your comments
to the author of
Last update: Sun 17 Jul 2016 22:04:54 JST
Note on update (STRAIGHTV40_007f)
This update makes STRAIGHT (legacy-STRAIGHT) compatible with MATLAB R2016a. It also makes non-GUI codes compatible with GNU Octave 4.0.2. No new function is added to this update. Currently active STRAIGHT series is TANDEM-STRAIGHT. A general morphing framework is implemented using TANDEM-STRAIGHT.
Please contact me for their availability.
(Please click this link to see old web pages.)
- STRAIGHT code
- Documents on STRAIGHT
Please read our AST review on STRAIGHT for introduction.
- Application: Auditory morphing using STRAIGHT
- Preliminary release of realtime STRAIGHT
Please read our AST paper on Realtime STRAIGHT for details.
- Unsupported code fragments
The following codes are not supported carefully. Please use it with care.
- Hideki Kawahara, Ikuyo Masuda-Katsuse and Alain de Cheveigne:
Restructuring speech representations using a pitch-adaptive time-frequency
smoothing and an instantaneous-frequency-based F0 extraction:
Possible role of a repetitive structure in sounds, Speech Communication,
27, pp.187-207 (1999).((draft PDF))
- Hideki Kawahara, Haruhiro Katayose, Alain de Cheveigne, Roy
D. Patterson: Fixed Point Analysis of Frequency to Instantaneous
Frequency Mapping for Accurate Estimation of F0 and Periodicity
, Proc. EUROSPEECH'99, Volume 6, Page 2781-2784 (1999).
- Hideki Kawahara, Yoshinori Atake and Parham Zolfaghari: Accurate
vocal event detection method based on a fixed-point to weighted
average group delay, ICSLP-2000, Beijing, pp.664-667 2000 (PDF file)
- Parham Zolfaghari, Yoshinori Atake, Kiyohiro Shikano, Hideki
Kawahara: Investigation of analysis and synthesis parameters
of STRAIGHT by subjective evaluation, ICSLP-2000, Beijing (PDF file)
- H. Kawahara and P Zolfaghari: Systematic F0 glitches around
vowel nasal transitions, EUROSPEECH'2001, pp.2459-2462, 2001.(PDF file)
- H. Kawahara, Jo Estill and O. Fujimura: Aperiodicity extraction
and control using mixed mode excitation and group delay manipulation
for a high quality speech analysis, modification and synthesis
system STRAIGHT, MAVEBA 2001, Sept.13-15, firentze Italy, 2001.
- Hisami Matsui and Hideki Kawahara:
Auditorily motivated elastic spectral distance and its application
to emotional morphing of portrayal speech, FIRST PAN-AMERICAN/IBERIAN
MEETING ON ACOUSTICS, 2-6 December 2002, Cancun, 3pSC11 (PDF file)
- Hideki Kawahara and Hisami Matsui: AUDITORY MORPHING BASED
ON AN ELASTIC PERCEPTUAL DISTANCE METRIC IN AN INTERFERENCE-FREE
TIME-FREQUENCY REPRESENTATION, ICASSP'2003, Hong Kong, vol.I, pp.256-259,
- Toshio Irino, Roy Patterson and Hideki Kawahara: SPEECH SEGREGATION
USING EVENT SYNCHRONOUSAUDITORY VOCODER, ICASSP'2003, Hong Kong,
6-10 April 2003.
- Hideki Kawahara: Exemplar-based Voice Quality Analysis and Control
using a High Quality Auditory Morphing Procedure based on STRAIGHT,
VOQUAL'03, ISCA Tutorial and Research Workshop, Geneva, August 27-29, 2003, pp.109-114.
- Hisami Matsui, Hideki Kawahara: Investigation of Emotionally Morphed Speech Perception and its
Structure Using a High Quality Speech Manipulation System, Prod. Eurospeech'03, pp.2113-2116
- Hideki Kawahara, Hideki Banno, Toshio Irino and Parham Zolfaghari,
MORPHING WAVEFORM BASED METHODS, SINUSOIDAL MODELS AND STRAIGHT,
Proc. ICASSP'2004, Montreal Canada, vol.1, pp.13-16, 2004
- Hideki Kawahara, Alain de Cheveigne, Hideki Banno, Toru Takahashi and Toshio Irino,
Nearly Defect-free F0 Trajectory Extraction for Expressive Speech Modifications based on STRAIGHT,
Proc. Interspeech2005, Lisboa, pp.537-540, Sept. 2005.
- Hideki Banno, Hiroaki Hata, Masanori Morise, Toru Takahashi, Toshio Irino and Hideki Kawahara, Implementation of realtime STRAIGHT speech manipulation system--Report on its first implementation,
Acoustic Science and Technology, 28 (2007) [to appear].
- Hideki Kawahara: STRAIGHT, Exploration of the other aspect of VOCODER:
Perceptually isomorphic decomposition of speech sounds,
Acoustic Science and Technology, Vol.27, No.6, (2006)
(link to PDF page)
- Hideki Banno, Hiroaki Hata, Masanori Morise, Toru Takahashi, Toshio Irino and Hideki Kawahara,
"Implementation of realtime STRAIGHT speech manipulation system: Report on its first implementation,"
Acoustic Science and Technology, Vol.28, pp.140-146 (2007)
(link to PDF page)
- Hideki Kawahara, Masanori Morise, Toru Takahashi, Ryuichi Nisimura, Toshio Irino, Hideki Banno,
A TEMPORALLY STABLE POWER SPECTRAL REPRESENTATION FOR PERIODIC SIGNALS AND APPLICATIONS TO INTERFERENCE-FREE SPECTRUM, F0, AND APERIODICITY ESTIMATION,
Proc. ICASSP 2008, Las Vegas,pp.3933-3936(2008)
- H. Kawaahra, R. Nisimura, T. Irino, M. Morise, T. Takahashi, B. Banno, Temporally variable multi-aspect auditory morphing enabling extrapolation without objective and perceptual breakdown, Proc. ICASSP, Taipei, Taiwan, 19-24 (2009).
- Hideki Kawahara, Toru Takahashi, Masanori Morise and Hideki Banno: Development of exploratory research tools based on TANDEM-STRAIGHT, Proc. APSIPA, Sapporo, pp.111-120 (2009).
Contents of this page are not for general public. Please
do not re-distribute materials on this page.
This page is supported by Hideki