NISIMURA Ryuichi, Ph.D.
NISIMURA Ryuichi was born in Aichi, Japan, on June 28, 1976.
He is currently an assistant professor of Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University.
He received the B.E. degree in electrical engineering from Nagoya University in 1999 and the M.E. and Ph.D. degrees in engineering from the Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST) in 2001 and 2004, respectively. His research interests include speech interface, speech recognition, and spoken
dialogue processing. He is a member of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), the Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), the Human Interface Society (HIS), and the Acoustical Society of Japan (ASJ).
- FIT2007 Young Researcher Award, Information Processing Society of Japan, 2008.
- NAIST Best Student Award, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 2004.
- 65th Best Paper Award for Young Researcher of IPSJ National Convention, Information Processing Society of Japan, 2004.
Major publications in English
- Tobias CINCAREK, Hiromichi KAWANAMI, Ryuichi NISIMURA, Akinobu LEE, Hiroshi SARUWATARI, Kiyohiro SHIKANO, "Development, Long-Term Operation and Portability of a Real-Environment Speech-Oriented Guidance System", IEICE TRANSACTIONS on Information and Systems, Vol.E91-D, No.3, pp.576-587, 2008.
- Tobias Cincarek, Ryuichi Nisimura, Akinobu Lee, Kiyohiro Shikano: "Insights Gained From Development And Long-term Operation of A Real-Environment Speech-Oriented Guidance System", ICASSP2007 (The 32nd International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing), Vol. 4, pp. 157-160, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 2007.
- Ryuichi Nisimura, Souji Omae, Hideki Kawahara, Toshio Irino, "Analyzing Dialogue Data for Real-World Emotional Speech Classification", Interspeech2006 - ICSLP (The Ninth International Conference on Spoken Language Processing), pp.1822-1825, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, September 17-21, 2006.
- Junichi Ido, Yoshio Matsumoto, Tsukasa Ogasawara, Ryuichi Nisimura: "Humanoid with Interaction Ability Using Vision and Speech Information", IROS2006 (IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems), pp.1316-1321, Beijing, China, 2006.
- Ryuichi Nisimura, Akinobu Lee, Masashi Yamada, Kiyohiro Shikano: "Operating A Public Spoken Guidance System In Real Environment", Interspeech'2005 - Eurospeech (9th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology), pp.845-848, Lisbon, Portugal, Sep., 2005.
- Akinobu Lee, Keisuke Nakamura, Ryuichi Nisimura, Saruwatari Hiroshi, Kiyohiro Shikano: "Noise Robust Real World Spoken Dialogue System using GMM Based Rejection of Unintended Inputs", INTERSPEECH2004-ICSLP (8th International Conference on Spoken Language Processing), Vol.I, pp.173-176, Jeju Island, Korea, 2004.
- Ryuichi Nisimura, Akinobu Lee, Hiroshi Saruwatari, Kiyohiro Shikano: "Public Speech-Oriented Guidance System with Adult and Child Discrimination Capability", ICASSP2004 (2004 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing), Vol.I, pp.433-436, Montreal, Canada , 2004.
- Ryuichi Nisimura, Kumiko Komatsu, Yuka Kuroda, Kentaro Nagatomo, Akinobu Lee, Hiroshi Saruwatari, Kiyohiro Shikano: "Automatic N-gram Language Model Creation from Web Resources", Eurospeech2001 (7th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology), pp.2127-2130, Aalborg, Denmark, 2001.
Last update: June 18, 2008.
Copyright (c) 2008 NISIMURA Ryuichi, Wakayama University. All rights reserved.