[Symposium] Building Rural Tourism Resilience: Benchmarking Approaches from Japan and Australia
Center for Tourism Research (CTR), Wakayama University, holds a symposium “Building Rural Tourism Resilience: Benchmarking Approaches from Japan and Australia”.
This symposium brings together some of Australia and Japan’s leading tourism, regional studies and leisure researchers to present cutting edge perspectives on how rural tourism can be positioned for greater resilience in times of rapid change and persistent uncertainty.
This symposium is supported by the Australia-Japan Foundation (Grand ID: AJF2021103), and the venue is a hybrid of in person (Wakayama University) and online (Zoom).
Register now and join us for free of cost.
Building Rural Tourism Resilience: Benchmarking Approaches from Japan and Australia
Tuesday 15 November, 2022
10:00am - 4:00pm (JST, GMT+9)
【In-person】Conference room of the Center for Innovative and Joint Research, located in the Bldg. North 4, Wakayama University Campus
*Please update your Zoom app to the latest version for privacy and security. Please check the Zoom official website.
- Professor Carolin Funck (Hiroshima University, Japan)Abstract
- Associate Professor Eiji Ito (Chukyo University, Japan)Abstract
- Associate Professor Susanne Klien (Hokkaido University, Japan)Abstract
- Professor Keir Reeves (Federation University Australia)Abstract
- Associate Professor Anne Hardy (University of Tasmania, Australia)Abstract
- Associate Professor Michael Volgger (Curtin University, Australia)Abstract
- Associate Professor Tamara Young (University of Newcastle, Australia)
- Professor Joseph M. Cheer (Wakayama University, Japan)
Symposium Program（Download/PDF file）
Secure your ‘seat'here
*Since the space is limited, the registration may close before the due date.
Person in Charge: Professor Joseph M. Cheer
Sakaedani 930, Wakayama-city 640-8510, JAPAN
E-mail：*Click here to the Contact page.